YOGA FOR ALL HERTS
'live well feel well, age well'
Cost for face to face classes £10 for 5 weeks or £3 pay as you go.
. Email me [email protected] if you would like a joining form or more information
Suitable for anyone including:
- Those with mobility issues, chronic pain, disabilities (option to remain seated throughout)
- Anyone looking for a gentle class to tone, stretch, breath and relax
What the class includes :
- Welcome at the start and time to get comfortable
- Some breath work and time to prepare are minds for the class
- Gentle stretches, toning and balances with modifications given
- Time to stay and chat if you wish
Some of the many physiological and psychological benefits of yoga:
- Calms the nervous system and encourages deep breathing
- Improves circulation
- Reduces heart rate and blood pressure
- Eases back pain
- Improves balance
- Decreases anxiety and depression
- Strengthens and improves muscle and bone strength
- Contributes to better sleep
- Improves range of motion and flexibility
- Unifies body, mind and spirit
- Reduces pain by teaching proper alignment of the body and using breathing and relaxation techniques to calm the nervous system
- A class is a great way to meet others
'I have never been to a yoga class before so i did not know quite what to expect and was very curious, I really enjoyed the class it was nice and gentle and Penny explained everything very clearly and easy to follow instructions at the end of the class i felt very relaxed and felt that i had a good exercise. It was ideally suited to someone of my age group not to strenuous just right amount of movement . I was very happy with the class and felt very comfortable and would highly recommend it and Penny is a great yoga teacher'
Andreas - age 76
' I thoroughly enjoyed the Accessible yoga classes. They were very relaxing and gentle and Penny explained everything in a clear and precise manner and why you were doing them and what benefits they did to your body. I liked the way they built up slowly as the weeks progressed and you went on to do more energetic postures, at the end of the class I felt that i had a good workout ,but not too strenuous and felt very calm and relaxed. I would recommend this yoga class and Penny is a excellent yoga teacher'
Susan - age 65
'I very much enjoyed Penny's approach to the sessions with the option of using the exercises up to point where we individually felt the most comfortable. I have gained confidence to move forward with my personal yoga ambitions'
Tony - age 75
The International Association of Infant Massage Training programme is accredited by the Royal College of Midwives.
To book email [email protected]
All courses are 5 weeks long this term unless stated
Gift vouchers are also available for both massage and yoga!
What is covered on the baby massage course?
The course includes:
- Massage strokes for the feet, legs, tummies, back face, chest, hands and arms, gentle movements
- Massage instruction for wind, colic, constipation, sleeping, reflux, calming and teething
- Techniques to help soothe, calm and understand crying
- Bonding time
- Relaxation techniques for you and your baby
- Information on post natal recovery for you, including pelvic floor,diastasis recti
- Adapting strokes as the child gets older
- How love including touch shapes a baby's brain
- Songs and rhymes during the massage
- Sensory toys (subject to COVID rules during topics) and informal chatting
- Time to socialise
- Refreshments (subject to COVID when face to face)
- Complementary oils, course handouts
Price: £60 (includes massage pack, wipe clean massage board with all the strokes and high quality massage oil)
How did your baby massage instructor help you to feel comfortable in the class?
'Very calm and soothing manner, explained things very clearly, inspired confidence'
Colwyn, Father of 6 month old
How was your experience of baby massage as a 1:1 course with your premature baby?
Baby massage for my premature baby with Penny has been a great experience for both of us. Penny is professional and really friendly, setting a calm and relaxed atmosphere. She shares her wealth of knowledge in a fun way that's easy to understand and appropriate to your baby's situation. When my baby slept through a class, using the premature doll was great as you do need to adapt strokes slightly for a premature baby. I'm now confident to build massage into my daily routine and pleased to have techniques that help my baby's reflux. We shall miss our classes!
Zoë, mother of 5 month old (10 weeks corrected age)
What did you like best about the class?
'Interaction, discussion and explanation of movements'
Lisa, Mother of 7 month old
What did you learn from and about your baby in terms of infant massage?
'How and when he likes to be touched, strokes that can soothe and relax him at anytime'
Alison, Mother of four children, baby aged 8 months
We did baby massage and baby yoga with penny. We loved both classes and would highly recommend doing them. Penny is brilliant and so helpful. Always felt like one to one classes as she would made sure you were always ok. Baby massage and yoga has really helped us at home to. Will defiantly be doing both clssses with baby number 2 x
Charlotte Gardner 2017